Mobile Home florplans/brochures retro

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
jtart51

Mobile Home florplans/brochures retro

Post by jtart51 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:39 am

I have many from years past..90's to 2000's. How do you find them as a hobby? I feel I am the only one who saved mine from when I was shopping for a new home. It would be cool to see them from the 60's to 80's too.

jtart51

Re: Mobile Home florplans/brochures retro

Post by jtart51 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:37 am

I was curious to see if anybody had saved any..I suppose not.

Caryl

Post by Caryl » Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 am

Hello, we are bidding on a foreclosure that has a 1996 Golden West "Gold Manor" manufactured home on the property. It is in great condition. Do you happen to have a floor plan on construction information on this model? Thanks! :)

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu May 20, 2010 1:09 pm

Golden West is dedicated to ensuring each and every home is properly installed. In their efforts to provide their customers with the best home possible, they have provided brand specific installation instructions for builders and customers.

These documents are for their newest homes and provide builders with important reference information that will allow them to better install your home to ensure your safety and protect your investment in your home. Builders should note that each brand specific manual contains slightly different structural connection requirements unique to the brand of home.

Download Golden West's installation manual and print it out for your contactor. It contains the specs and tables that they will most likely need.

Golden West is now part of the Clayton Family of home builders. If you need additional information or documentation Submit their contact form and a Clayton Homes representative will contact you within 24 hours.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

DaveGreg

Post by DaveGreg » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Jtart51: I just sent you a private email, but for anyone else who is interested in the oldies:
www.allmanufacturedhomes.com is the site of the Atlas Mobile Home Museum which has dozens of ads, brochures, etc from the 30s into the 60s from travel trailers to mobiles.It's a treasure trove of pictures and information.

There is a guy in Germany, Juergen Eichermueller, an architect, who has complied an incredible library of available CDs with vintage trailer information. I bought two from him from the link @ all manufactured homes : "1955-58 Brochures" and "Vintage Trailer Magazines" an entire 12 issues for the year 1959 of Trailer Topics and another magazine.He sent a third as a bonus "Shasta Archives" about travel trailers by that manufacturer.

It's just nice to see someone who respects the form,function and historical significance of MFHs and provides a valuable resource for anyone who might be restoring one of the golden oldies to it's original retro glory.

Best, Dave

KEYS

Post by KEYS » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:56 pm

I own a 2004 Heartland Park, Park model home. It is 12'x34' Could anyone help with a blue print or a schematic of this unit? Have a cold water problem Thanks

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Plumbing prints are available only from the builder. We have not been able to find any other sources. The plumbing in manufactured homes is relatively easy to locate and work on as all the lines are run under the floor. If you open up the belly paper directly under the shower where you are having the problem you will find the incoming lines.

If the problem is above the floor you will need to open the wall on the other side of the shower. You will find both the hot and cold lines coming up through the floor directly up to the faucets, then to the shower head.

Here are some items from our archive that might help.

Understanding and Installing Manufactured Housing Waterlines

Articles and Posts about Plumbing
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Berticus

Post by Berticus » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:27 am

looking for plans for a 1978 Centurion double-wide mobile home. I'm working on the heating ducts; some of the bedrooms (3) are not getting adaquete air flow. Don't know if original ducts were 'hardlined' but some of the ducting has been changed to flex tubing duct about 1 1/2ft. diameter.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Most of the time flex is used only to connect the air unit to the internal duct system. If the flex is more than a few years old its end connections may be loose enough to be the entire problem. This can be easily corrected with plastic lock-ties available at any heat/air supply house, or Lowe's and Home Depot.

These will do a much longer lasting job than duct tape. The condensation on the metal that holds the flex to the air unit and to the internal duct line tends to keep those connection points spot moist which causes duct tape to fail over a very short time.

Check over the flex inch buy inch, especially along the side laying on the ground. After several years the black plastic can become very brittle and may have cracks or even pin holes where you are loosing the forced air. If the flex is not too bad duct tape over the plastic, will take care of the problem. If it has multiple leaks and is very brittle it is not very expensive or difficult to replace.

Most of the time the flex under a MH is 10 to 14 inches. It is not unusual for different sizes to be used for the feed (from the air unit) and the return run. If the flex is truly 18 inches it may be too large and causing you to loose forced air pressure. Look at it with a flashlight there should be a size printed on the black plastic.

If the problem is with the internal duct system you won't need a plan. The ducts will almost certainly run in a straight line under the home. See where the floor register holes are and follow that line under the home. Turn on the heat or air and crawl under the home to see if you can feel any spots where the duct system. might be leaking. Look for evidence of moisture from condensation. Pay particular attention to the area under the furnace and air return,

Stuff is always falling into floor ducts. We cleaned ours out when our kids were young and found a treasure of missing small toys, melted crayons, dog hair, coins and other items. You can try checking for internal obstructions by placing a flashlight in a floor duct and looking toward the light using a mirror in the next floor duct hole down the line.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]