painting kitchen cabinets

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Deb

painting kitchen cabinets

Post by Deb » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:21 pm

I have kitchen cabinets that are like contact paper stuff, for lack of better words. Can these be painted? If so, can someone direct me to DIY instructions. Thanks.

David Oxhandler

Re: painting kitchen cabinets

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:25 pm

You can purchase pre-made cabinets doors and install them I have done this several times when renovating manufactured homes we rent or re-sell. If the shelving is not in bad shape you might want to consider just replacing the doors and painting the rest of the existing cabinet system. We have done that several times with outstanding results. You can find some of the parts you may need at the Mobile Home Parts Store . If your a Do-It-Yourself type looking for a good book that covers repair and upgrade techniques specific to manufactured homes, visit our book store and look at The Manual for Manufactured Home Repair & Upgrade The purchase price represents a small fraction of what you would have to spend on contracting out repairs.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Deb

Re: painting kitchen cabinets

Post by Deb » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:34 pm

But if I just replace the cabinet doors, I will still have to paint the facing of the cabinets themselves. Does this contact paper-like material accept paint?