Window Crank Replacement

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Jschlich

Window Crank Replacement

Post by Jschlich » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:30 am

I need to replace a few side mounted window operators for jalousie type windows. I can not figure out how to remove the old since there is a solid square bar running all across the window from the center of the window operator.

I'm told that all I need to do is to drill out what appear to be rivets holding in the original operator in order to remove them for replacment which I guess is OK but I still don't undertstand how I get the operator removed with this bar running from the operator across the bottom of the windoe to the other side.

Help!

admin

Re: Window Crank Replacement

Post by admin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:58 pm

Whether it's a major roof replacement or a simple broken window crank, for a book that covers all facets of manufactured home repair, get The Manual for Manufactured Home Repair & Upgrade

You can find all types of Window Hardware on line at the Manufactrureed Housing Parts Store

If your Searching for a MH replacement part you can't find on the web site the Manufactrureed Housing Parts Store has many products they may not always offer online. You can contact them by Email or call Toll Free 1-888-277-7220.
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

Doug

Post by Doug » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:42 am

I think (and hope) that you can help me. I am in the same situation as you. I am trying to replace the window cranks on my Jalousie window but that horizontal bar is in the way. What do I do?
Doug

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:18 pm

VISIT THE MOBILE HOME PARTS STOR ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

keithjodi

Post by keithjodi » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:54 pm

You may already have the answer to your question, but I have replaced a few of these cranks in our mobile home. Ours run horziontally so hopefully the vertical work the same. The bars do not go all the way across, but are two pieces that meet in the middle at the crank box. I unscrew the crank box from the window sill and carefully pull up until on the box the bars can be released.
Hopefully this helps.
Jodi

Jschlich

Post by Jschlich » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:27 am

OK....my crank bars are horizontal also. The window operator is screwed into the side. There is a plastic thing [looks like a rocker] that the rod appears to pass through and rests on the bottom sill. I guess what you're saying is that this thing that looks like a rocker is really some sort of spacer that is joining two bars...that the bars are not whole and running across the window.

Wow.....it took more than a year but I finally think I understand how these are put together! Many thanks! I'll be buying the additional cranks I need once I use the couple I have on hand.

Thanks again Jodi!