painting a bathtub

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
lilbit

painting a bathtub

Post by lilbit » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:39 pm

we just totally remolded our bathroom in our 2oo2 mobile home. everything looks really nice until you open the shower curtain and see the off white plastic bathtub! what makes it worse is we put floor and crown moulding and painted it white. i try to keep the shower curtain close, but can i paint it?what about the paint for plastic outdoor furniture, krylon i think is the name?

admin

Rea : painting bathtub

Post by admin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:08 am

They paint plastic and fiberglass on cars. Proper prep work and paint selection is critical if you want a quality job. Specially formulated plastic or fiberglass primer and paint is necessary to provide a tight bond for the top coat and for superior paint adhesion and durability. Rustoleum makes a line of specialty paints and primers visit their web site HERE.

If your tub is plastic you might want to consider upgrade it. Most original bathtubs in manufactured homes are plastic. When plastic cracks or breaks, it cannot be permanently repaired like fiberglass. Tub change outs can get a bit tricky. But as your home is not many years old this might be a good opportunity to replace it while it is still easy to find the same brand, size, type, which makes the change-out a lot more manageable. Read the article Replacing a Manufactured Home Bathtub and see if it is worth trying at this time.

You can probably find the right tub at
the ONLINE MH PARTS STORE
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

Bailey

Re: painting a bathtub

Post by Bailey » Thu May 19, 2016 6:09 am

Beside painting a bathtubs, we the people should take into consideration about the safety and height of the bathtub. There could be some possibility of slipping or falling and getting unwanted accident.

Walk-in Tubs