foggy windows

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Deb

foggy windows

Post by Deb » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:23 am

I'm living in a 2004 Palm Harbor. Due to some settling, the chaulking has become separated betweem the window sill and the window. I can feel cold air coming in. Now that window has "fog" trapped between the double panes. If I repair the chaulking will the fog go away? Or is it a case where it will never disappear and I need to have the window replaced? I think I'm still udner warranty and would imagine this is covered.

rmurray

Re: foggy windows

Post by rmurray » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:35 pm

Eventually all dual paned, thermo glass has the same problem...Air leaks into the space between the glass and the moisture condenses onto the glass looking like fog......The only way to fix this is to replace the window...Window warranty's vary from window manufacturer...Your Palm Harbor warranty will cover this if the glass has not been replaced because it was broken.....After the 1st year there is a $50 deductible per item per visit...The caulking would not have been the cause of this problem...but when the window is changed it will have to be re caulked as part of the process..Call your Palm Harbor service rep and have them change the window...