Blueprint/floorplan

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
David

Blueprint/floorplan

Post by David » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:24 am

Can anyone help or direct me to were I can find the blueprints for a 1982 Skyline Mobile home - model Allison?
Thanks in advance

GregL

Re: Blueprint/floorplan

Post by GregL » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:00 pm

I'm not sure how much luck you'll have with that. When I contacted Skyline for prints and info on my '96 Skyline meadowridge I was told that they didn't keep that information for more than 3 to 5 years. My uncle works for Skyline and said that usually they keep records for warranty purposes, but, once the warranty runs out they destroy the records.

Mitch Vierra

Post by Mitch Vierra » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:12 pm

boy my ears perked up when i read this... I have everything from Dualwide to Centurion, Madison to Silvercrest, Golden West to yes even Skyline my father who has been in the industry for more than 50 years thought I was nuts when i stoped him from burning them.
These are from the 70's to 80's even have the homeowners manual for Skyline. I scanned 30% of them to my old Mac years ago but will pull it out and check there for now the manual best I can do but keep the faith

Nancy

Post by Nancy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:56 pm

We just bought a 1978 Brigader Mobile Home. The home seems to be in pretty good condition. We will be living in the home. Can't find any information on this manufacturer. Hope you have some info that might be helpful. Bathroom and kitchen information would be great.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:03 pm

Nancy...Brigadier was one of the largest most respected manufacturers in the SE in the time period this home was built...The CEO and top management were all some of the most respected in the business...Unfortunately they made one huge mistake...The whole top management team all flew on the same plane and it crashed they were all killed..This was by far one of the biggest stories in the industry in the last 30 years...The company could not survive the loss of all this top talent and it failed...The main plant was in Millen, GA and later operated by Bellcrest..Today it is owned and operated by Cavalier Homes..I doubt they would have any records that would help you...

Since this occurred no CEO travels with other top management in the manufactured home business...

unplugged2

Post by unplugged2 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:06 am

I own a 1978 Skyline Homette. I am in the process of building a new porch with a gabled roof. The building inspector is having a problem with the way the new roof is resting on the existing roof. I contacted the Skyline plant and they said they do not keep blueprints more than a few years. I need the blueprints for my home or for one similar to it. The serial number is: 062150059002176-001.........93350774L
It is a 14 X 70 with a peaked (hip) roof. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Maryanne [email protected]

clayman612

Post by clayman612 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:33 am

I know this is a long shot but do you have any plans manuals for a 1973 Skyline Buddy 14x70 vin is 0451-1991G Thanks

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:41 am

It is not very likely that you will be able to get any plans for a home that old... but Skyline is alive and well and doing business across the country. You can view a list of contact info for all their factories at http://www.skylinehomes.com/contact.php?form=plant-list call the one closest to you... anything is possible
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

clayman612

Post by clayman612 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:44 am

Yeah David I already tried that they emailed me a new setup instruction manual that is not for me trailer so I was giving it a shot

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:51 am

After 30 plus years thee is probably no one there that remembers where they hid that stuff.

What is it you want to do? Perhaps we can assist you
David Oxhandler
[email protected]