Replace Back with Regular Door Set

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
RJ

Replace Back with Regular Door Set

Post by RJ » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:51 am

I want to replace my back door with fiberglass or steel insulated regular (house) door AND storm door. Is this possible? If not, what do you suggest?

David Oxhandler

Re: Replace Back with Regular Door Set

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:51 am

Order a steel house type door from our on-line parts store. The MH Parts Store is not just for doors. You will find upgrade replacement windows, screens, plumbing and electric parts, bath and kitchen fixtures, roof and ceiling components, and more.... Click Here Now! to go to the MH PARTS STORE &#160 webmaster

RJ

Post by RJ » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:53 pm

I looked at combination doors on this website. It doesn't say if doors are insulated or if storm doors have screen. Not every description has picture of items listed.

Can you give me additional advice on replacing back with combination door set?

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:58 am

Friendly & knowledgeable customer service representatives are available to answer your questions or take your order. To talk with a LIVE salesperson - go to the Home Page of thje MH Parts Store at the left side bottom click on the orange button and a live rep will phone you.

OR

You are welcome to Phone Toll Free 1-888-277-7220 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM weekdays, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM Saturday

OR

You can send your questions or orders anytime day or night by Fax: 1-910-277-7795

webmaster

Eugene

Post by Eugene » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:07 am

You might be able to buy a door from Home Depot or Lowes, Measure your door. In a lot of MH the height is lower than a standard door. So you should ask the sales guy at the lumber yard for the right height.
Also, call some local dealers of homes, they might be able to sell you a good door pretty reasonable.

RJ

Post by RJ » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:52 am

I really want a regular (house) and storm door. Combination MH door set are soooooooooo expensive. Regular house door offer same, if not more, features than MH door set at a much reasonable cost.

I'd really like to find expert instructions on installing house doors & storm doors on MHs.

Les

Post by Les » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:43 am

You can install a "real house" door in any MH. Just buy a pre-hung Entry door and storm door of your choice. You'll have to enlarge the opening, but this is easily done. You'll have a nicer full-size door that you'll be much happier with. And why stop with the back door....