ceiling panels

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Lory Pratt

ceiling panels

Post by Lory Pratt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:16 pm

We want to tie in two rooms that have a space between without ceiling panels. Our home has 12 or 14" wide room-long panels with 2 inch strips between. The walls are on 16" centers. Where can we purchase ceiling panels to match, and is there are preferred way to detach and reinstall the panels that will be affected by the room conversion?

trmimo

Re: ceiling panels

Post by trmimo » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:51 pm

Most manufactured home supply stores can order these panels for you. Very few still stock them. An rv parts store may have them in stock, because they are still widely used in park models. This type of ceiling is often referred to as a phase 5 ceiling, any mh parts store should know what you mean by that. You probably cannot order it on line because the panels are 12 or 14 feet long, and difficult to ship. They are usually installed with wide crown staples or roofing nails. (the 2" plastic strips slide in after installation and cover the fasteners.)

Lory Pratt

Post by Lory Pratt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:29 pm

Thank you so much for your help! I'm sure I can find what we need now.

Lory

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:30 pm

If yours has any kind of design on them its not likely you will find an exact match anyway. These panels are extremely difficult to even get in the home and as stated by the previous poster, can be hard to find. If your interested there are other ceiling options to consider. The book on MH Upgade and Repair by Mark Bower who moderates this forum has instructions on how to install new ceilings such as paneling or even drywall. Click on the Bookstore link on the top toolbar. Tom

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:48 pm

The Manual for Manufactured Home Repair & Upgrade   If your looking for a book that covers all
facets of manufactured home repair, you"ve found it! This is the only book of
its type, available to the public, that we have been able to find. &#160 As you would expect from the title, The repair and upgrade techniques described in this manual are specific to manufactured homes. &#160 This book will answer almost every question on manufactured home repair that we have ever heard. &#160 Not only does this book show you how to repair and maintain your home, but also great methods for upgrading it. Click Here For More Details

Monte Horn

Post by Monte Horn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:40 am

I need the same thing. Did you find these ceiling panels? Thanks.

Pop Alexandra

Post by Pop Alexandra » Fri May 13, 2022 6:48 am

Monte Horn wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:40 am I need the same thing. Did you find these ceiling panels? Thanks.
I think they're available at Agro, if I'm not mistaken.