Interior Doors

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Val

Interior Doors

Post by Val » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:04 pm

I have a 7 year old Marlette manufactured home. I am trying to find a prehung, interior, hollow-core door to match the existing doors. The existing are 712 James River birch but Marlette now uses a golden oak. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tracy

Re: Interior Doors

Post by Tracy » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:06 am

I would recommend looking around at used building supply stores. Some of them get their hands on discontinued or gently used manufactured home materials.

Other than that - replace the door with somthing similar, and paint all your doors to match each other. Unfortunately, getting parts for manufactred homes to matchh is next to impossible once an item has been discontinued.

Tracy

John Merchant

Re: Interior Doors

Post by John Merchant » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:08 am

I've replaced several interior doors with lumberyard available pre-hung doors. It's easier than trying to find the originals,, and all one has to do is take out the old door and frame, then fit new frame & door in, then trim around it. A simple job. And the hardwared/lumber giants sell prehungs in lots of sizes, from 18" up.