Dishwasher Does Not Drain

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Jason

Dishwasher Does Not Drain

Post by Jason » Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:12 am

I removed the drain hose connection from the garbage disposal (I am replacing the disposal unit). The dishwasher drained fine while it was connected to the disposal.

I was doing some work on my cabinets and I unplugged my dishwasher and moved it around. Now I re-connected everything and I manually inserted the dishwasher drain hose directly into a drain pipe under the sink. I do not think there are any kinks in the hose. I am thinking that because the hose now bends straight up and straight down (into the drain pipe) that some of the dishwasher water can't make the journey to the drain pipe. The hose isn't kinked but I'm thinking there is some sort of "gravity" thing happening. Then again, it's possible I knocked something when I was moving the unit around.

Do you have any thoughts? My garbage disposal won't be installed for a few weeks and I'd like to fix the dishwasher problem. Any ideas? I was thinking about having the drain hose go into some sort of a bucket (where the hose wouldn't fight gravity). Any assistance you can provide is aprpeciated. Thanks!

Jason