Thermal Cuople ?????

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Ody

Thermal Cuople ?????

Post by Ody » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:10 pm

The pilot light in my furnace resently went out. Opon relighting it it burned fine until I let go of the button. With prior experience I have had that has always been the thermal couple. (It could be other things but that is the first thing I have been taught and learnt to do and is normal the case given the situation) I had a repair company come out and the guy looked at the furnace, not intence just looked and stated that it was a Duo Terma, they don't make thoses anymore, your not going to be able to repair it, you have to buy a new one, and then stated I "might" be able to get some repair place to come out and repair it if they had an old one laying around if not he suggested a new furnace. (He didn't try to sell me one unusual...hmmm)
Now my problem, I don't have the money to replace the furnace, can't find anyone that has one for it, and just can't buy that for something as simple as a thermal couple I would even have to replace the entire furnace, not that it could stand to have one for efficeincy, the one I have has not giving me any problems till now and I felt was not costing an arm and a leg to begin with.
Any suggestions? Also, I was told that a universal that might be gotten at a hardware store would not work.
(And if anyone could give me a reason as to why our local M.H. Repair man has been in business for 35 years as rude and nasty as he is on the phone that would be great!??)