bathroom exhaust fans

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Deb

bathroom exhaust fans

Post by Deb » Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:52 pm

Howdy from TX. Bought new, 2001 PH 32X64. I don't think the vents are vented to the outside. Can't see any vents on the roof or exterior walls. I have an extended warranty, would something like this be covered? Also, they put a vent/light combo in the hallway outside the guest bath and guest bedrooms. This one does have a vent on the roof. What is this thing,,,,a minature version of a whole house fan? Thanks for any help/info you can offer.
Deb

Mac

Re: bathroom exhaust fans

Post by Mac » Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:35 pm

I would imagine instead that they ran the vent pipe to just under one of your roof vents. The one in the hallway is to do the same thing, but yes, for the whole house, to change the air and get rid of humidity. I would run it constantly, if there is any humidity. This fan should be very quiet - quieter than a bathroom fan. If it is, it was designed to run all the time.
Take a look at the instructions that came with your home. It should be mentioned.

Deb

Re: bathroom exhaust fans

Post by Deb » Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:12 pm

Thank you Mac. I had not thought about those vents, I will probably start using the exhaust again. The vent in the hall is alittle too loud for me to run all the time. I will read my instruction manuel more thoroughly.