Pipe Liners ???

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
KM Richards

Pipe Liners ???

Post by KM Richards » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:49 am

In a mobile home park, If one has a water drain line from the mobile home out to the street that has a leak in it, isn't there a way to put in a pipe liner on the inside of the pipe so the pipe itself doesn't have to be replaced?

I know an elderly person that could use a service like this so I'm looking for more information about pipe liners

melvingoodman

Re: Pipe Liners ???

Post by melvingoodman » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:15 am

Yes, a pipe liner can be installed inside the leaking drain line of a mobile home, eliminating the need for full pipe replacement. This method saves time and money while effectively repairing the leak and restoring the functionality of the drain line. Consulting with a professional plumber is recommended to assess the damage and determine the most suitable solution.

KM Richards

Post by KM Richards » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:26 pm

It may save time, but so far none of the plumbers are saving money with this process.

They claim it's all rocket science and it costs 2 maybe 3 times more that it does to fix it conventionally by digging down in the ground to replace the section of pipe that is leaking.

Too bad there's not a DIY kit one could obtain. :lol:

philipjohn123

Post by philipjohn123 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:21 am

KM Richards wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:49 am In a mobile home park, If one has a water drain line from the mobile home out to the street that has a leak in it, isn't there a way to put in a pipe liner on the inside of the pipe so the pipe itself doesn't have to be replaced?

I know an elderly person that could use a service like this so I'm looking for more information about pipe liners
Yes, you can repair a leaking water drain line in a mobile home park by using a pipe lining technique. This involves inserting a flexible liner into the existing pipe and curing it in place to create a new, seamless pipe inside the old one. It's a cost-effective and less invasive solution compared to replacing the entire pipe. Contact plumbing companies or contractors experienced in trenchless pipe repair for more information.