Bathroom Sink drain/faucet

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Dmcduff04

Bathroom Sink drain/faucet

Post by Dmcduff04 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:51 am

I replaced the faucet in my bathroom and I bought a standard glacier bay That looks almost identical to the one that was in here. The only difference is it has a drain stopper and the other one did not.
The problem I’m running into that I can’t seem to solve is I cannot get it to seal from the sink to the underneath of the sink no matter what sealant I use it leaks and I can’t seem to get a tight seal. Is it because I didn’t use one made for a manufactured home?
I’ve tried plumbers putty and silicone sealant neither worked. any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you

Begonio

Re: Bathroom Sink drain/faucet

Post by Begonio » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:18 am

One day I decided to replace the bathroom sink. I found a very beautiful dark grey sink, but after that, I decided that renovations in my bathroom were not suitable for this sink.

eachhabitual

Post by eachhabitual » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:46 pm

Maybe it's from a different brand so the mismatch is easy to spot. Try drying the pipe completely and using a glue gun. Hope it works.

evawillms

Post by evawillms » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:28 pm

Double-check that you have correctly installed the faucet according to the manufacturer's instructions. Ensure that all the components are tightened securely and in the correct order. Be mindful of any rubber or plastic washers or gaskets that may need to be properly positioned.