Low voltage wiring?

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
casarodante

Low voltage wiring?

Post by casarodante » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:30 pm

New to the forums, and mobile home life.

We have a 2008 Fleetwood double-wide. It has sheetrock walls and I want to run some coax and ethernet cabling from the outside to a couple of rooms. I plan to run it underneath and up from the bottom. However, I don't want to go through the floor. I am looking at going up through a wall plate to the inside of a wall. I plan to do this inside a closet with a large hole cut for access, covered by a panel later. What should I be wary of?

A concern I have of mine is the location of each wall I am looking at in each closet happens to be the wall in the middle of the home. How are those walls different from others? Comparing the back wall of one closet in comparison to the wall outside the closet shows a difference of at least 4 inches. The closet wall is not as deep. Almost like the closet (in one half of the mobile) stood alone and when they joined them the middle wall added 4 inches of 'extra' wall behind the closet. Plausible?

Thanks for any help!

Roger