Creaky floors and releveling

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Servelan

Creaky floors and releveling

Post by Servelan » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:57 am

I own a 1993 Redman Wynnewood that I bought in a nearby park in 2012 and moved to my land to replace the site-built house (my house is now twice the size and better insulated/laid out, etc.). The space it was in was very wet - large mud puddles, while my soil drains really well and there's no standing water.

About two years ago, the floor in the living room started to creak. I thought, well, it's finally dried out...but then, I started to hear other creaks.

I finally decided to investigate getting the house releveled, got it done, had the back door wedged shut (made the company come back and undo that bit after several tries to contact and a threat to sue), am replacing the deadbolt because the leveling/door mess broke it, and you know what - my floors still creak.

In fact, the dining room hasn't changed a bit. Still creaky. What the releveling did didn't change much of the creakiness at all.

Did my house just finally dry out? Do I need to pull up the carpet and re-nail the underlayment? Or...?