Loss of electricity in parts of home

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
65sahara

Loss of electricity in parts of home

Post by 65sahara » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:51 pm

A portion of my electrical outlets, and some lights, do not work noon side of my home. Oddly, in some rooms, outlets work on one wall while not working on another in the same room. Electrical test kit reads "Hot/Ground Reversed" in outlets with no power. Is this a loose ground wire? Am I right guessing the loose wire is in the breaker box and not an outlet? It seems to me one outlet would not effect other outlets or lights. Any suggestions, insights, what not?

lobuc

Re: Loss of electricity in parts of home

Post by lobuc » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:06 pm

If it's a double wide I would start by checking the connections in the crossover junction box or boxes. Probably not an issue in the breaker panel. The outlets on most manufactured homes are pretty cheesy and it's most likely a problem at the last one with power(typically daisy chained to the next closest). Hard to pinpoint offsite more details would help.

untriedleech

Re: Loss of electricity in parts of home

Post by untriedleech » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:43 pm

The first place I'd look for faulty wiring is in the crossover's junction box(es). There should be no problem in the breaker box. Most manufactured homes have subpar electrical outlets, therefore the issue was probably at the previous house.