Basement for Manufactured home questions

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
rpmlou

Basement for Manufactured home questions

Post by rpmlou » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:59 pm

I'm ready to buy a new 15' wide x 54' long single manufactured home, and want to have a new 10' high poured wall basement installed to place this new home on our property. My main question is designing it correctly so it will last our lifetime without any issues. The manufacture of the home doesn't seem to have any engineering data on how to build the basement for this home. They normally install these on frost piers, and not over basements, no MOD options for this style. It appears that I will be leaving the two 12" tall factory lengthwise I beams in place beings that is how they build these units. 

Does anyone have any engineered plans for this type of basement setup?

I'm concerned about how many I beams I'll have to use across the two factory I beams. Will three or four 8" cross beams span the 15' wide basement under the two factory 12" tall support beams including the home perimeter resting on the walls too? I'm being told this unit will weigh around 25,000 lbs total when delivered with appliances.  I'm pretty sure I have the fastening of the unit to the basement already covered.