Leak into the basement

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Canada_Sara

Leak into the basement

Post by Canada_Sara » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 am

I have been having issues with my manufactured home. Built in 2013, delivered in two halves and on a basement. Every spring I have water coming in from where the 2 halves meet. The wood "beam" (actually 6 2x8's)doesn't seem to be wet but there is black plastic that hangs down a tiny bit (less than an inch) and it seems to be coming from it.
I had someone up in the attic a couple years ago to see if it was coming from one of the vents (as the place where it seems to leak the most is within a few feet of a gas fire place) and he couldn't see any damage, and he thought that maybe it didn't have to do with a leak from the roof, but more likely the air getting warmer in the attic and causing condensation. Unfortunately the company that we purchased the home from had terrible customer service and told me that they would come and look at it/repair it numerous times but never did. They have since gone out of business, so now I am stuck with doing the repairs myself. I am in the final stages of finishing the basement, with just the ceiling to go, and I am afraid of water damage if I don't fix this. Any ideas as to what the cause could be? And any possible fixes? Thank you for any help!