Well Pressure Tank

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
countryliving73

Well Pressure Tank

Post by countryliving73 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:34 pm

How does one go about finding the well pressure tank? My single wide sits on a slab on it's own areas of land in the woods. I have looked inside the home for the pressure tank but could not locate it. I have been underneath (but didn't cut open the black plastic vapor barrier) and only seen the water line from the home going down into the ground. Seller claims it is located just under the floorboard. That's a first I had ever heard of the manufacture putting in the pressure tank. we read that it "might" be located underground below the frost line. If so... where do I start looking? By the 5 inch well pipe? By the home's slab? I'd like to put in a bigger tank as it seems to cycle off & on in short periods. Plus we've been getting air in the water lines at times.

Motors tend to last longer if they stay on & off for longer periods.

lobuc

Re: Well Pressure Tank

Post by lobuc » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:06 am

Do you have a submersible or just a jet pump? If it's jet then tank is usually mounted with or close to pump. If submersible then tank is probably close to the pump control box. Did you check water heater closet?