Approximate cost?

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
crayzie4dogs

Approximate cost?

Post by crayzie4dogs » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum. I live in South Louisiana. The flood waters wet the insulation under our mobile home. I was curious if anyone had any idea the cost. We had a hard time finding someone to even do the job. I called a company that sells mobile homes and they referred someone. He said cost to rip out and replace would be $3.00 a square foot. We have no idea if this is fair or jacked up. He will use R13 and replace with fiber/bottom board. Which after some research I am happy to hear that. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jerri

Mommaof5

Re: Approximate cost?

Post by Mommaof5 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Sorry to hear that you have had flooding. I don't live anywhere near your state, but I think maybe I can give you a little advice. Anytime you have any work that has to be done, I have found that unless it is an emergency you should always get at least 3 quotes. I know a lot of people wouldn't want to tackle anything in a mobile home just because it can get tricky with them and there is a stigma.

I think you are on the right track. Dealers are an awesome place to start and you hit the nail on the head there. They are there to build relationships reguardless of your past patronage and will be more than willing to give you names of people in your area who will work with you. Call as many as you can. If you find that your are getting the same person or company's name repeatedly, chances are very good that they have a solid reputation for fair pricing and good work ethics. So call as many dealers as you can and build you up a check list. If they recommend one person straight off, ask them "oh... are they dependable?/trustworthy?/ etc..."

Another place you can look is with contractors or even facebook. I know here where we live there are many "yardsale" and "trade-n-sell" pages. You can look for recommendations that way as well. You are more than likely going to get some people who are willing to be a handy man there as well, but it depends on your situation as to if this would be a route you would want to go. But you could still get advice from people who have had similar issues.

Get several estimates even if they are ball-park. That way you know that even if this first price is a touch higher, maybe they have a better reputation. In that case, I would go with them because I would rather it be done right and pay a little more than to get out a hundred dollars cheaper just to have issues in the future. Hope this helps.

Aston10

Re: Approximate cost?

Post by Aston10 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:38 pm

MaryPellerin wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:49 am This is really sad to know that you had to face this problem of flooding. This is a very common problem for people who live in a flood prone area. My brother faced a similar problem last year, but he was lucky to have a brentwood home coupon done for his house. the cost of reconstruction and rebuilding is really high, if you have an insurance then it becomes very easy to come out of such situation. You can get the different quotes for and then compare to select the contractor according to your budget and need.
Thank you