Inexperienced with MH plumbing issues

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
cwbys4evr

Inexperienced with MH plumbing issues

Post by cwbys4evr » Thu May 14, 2015 8:01 am

Hi, I just bought a MH, our first one. I have experience with stick home plumbing (on a DIY level) but none with MH. My problem is the kitchen sinks (it has a dishwasher also) do not drain very well at all. I have taken apart all the plumbing in the cabinet under the sink. No clogs. I have replaced the vent valve under the sink. I have snaked the drain out with a 15ft snake, no clogs found. So my question is this - are slow drains a known problem in MH's? Would you recommend I buy a longer snake maybe 45 feet, or call a plumber? OR is there something special about MH plumbing that I don't know about yet?

curtisbennett

Re: Inexperienced with MH plumbing issues

Post by curtisbennett » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:03 am

Hi there,
Slow drains are not a common problem of manufactured houses. It usually is that you need to get a correctly sized snake. However, getting this snake fixed requires some specialized tools and the knowledge of a good plumber. I used to think I could do everything in a DIY way and ended up spending a lot. At last, it was plumbing repair service nj who helped me out and it didn't charge much to get it fixed by a professional. I would strongly recommend that you should call up a professional plumber and do the repair work if you wish to save money.