creating some roof overhang

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
mobile_ron

creating some roof overhang

Post by mobile_ron » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:46 am

Being a property manager myself, I have done a lot of carpentry and repairs etc. Always looking for a (better way), has anyone out there thought of or done a simple overhang for an older single wide home? I am going to re-roof with a rubber sheet membrane soon, so this would be a good time to add additional overhang. As most homeowners already know, the lack of gutters and no overhang will eventually be reflected in rotted window sills and swelling of the flooring beneath the windows...
If adding overhang proves to be too extensive, perhaps someone out there knows of a awning system for each window, that can be (easily) installed???
I don't want to use a contractor because of cost. The total renovation in new roofing,new vinyl siding, new windows, replacement of rotted flooring etc, etc, prohibits hiring a contractor to do the work.
I have my fingers crossed that someone has already tackled this issue themselves and can offer suggestions. Thanks!!!