Windows - mobile home

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Shawn McLendon

Windows - mobile home

Post by Shawn McLendon » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:38 pm

? please reply :: rreplacing windows ; on a mobile home ; there is a thin wall compared to a framed house. I have heard that there are mobile home specific windows; I have removed one window and it seems to be the same size as a framed house window. with a 1 1/2 fin.

mac

Re: Windows - mobile home

Post by mac » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:57 am

I wouldn't think it would be any different - you still need to build the surround and sill. How old is the home you're working on?

Northview Windows and Doors

Post by Northview Windows and Doors » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:34 pm

Dear Shawn,

If you are still interested in replacement of that window, you may visit us at

www.northviewcanada.com

Even if location is not suitable for you, you may check out the characteristics, descriptions and prices for any windows or doors you might be interested in (including custom made and exported from Europe, Germany)

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri May 12, 2006 3:59 pm

I have seviced hundreds of windows and doors. the sizes are alittle different but you can have a window built to any size you want. make sure you leave a 3/4" insulation gap around the window. The MH WILL move around alot with the change in weather. Also use vynal windows. NOT wood or woodclad!(they are not as flexable. I highly recommend using a double hung versus a single hung or a slidder and absolutly NOT a casment or awning window. If you can find a supplier that gets windows from canda I recommend it.The weather up there is much more severe so they have a higher building standard.(NORTHSTAR makes the BEST vynal window I have ever seen, and they have a good warrenty that they DO stand by.

admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:17 pm

Order from the MH on-line parts store. Everything you need is here from doors, windows, screens, plumbing and electric parts, bath and kitchen fixtures, roof and ceiling components, and more.... even set-up materials,

Click Here Now! to go to
the MH PARTS STORE &#160
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

reeddeer

Post by reeddeer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:40 pm

I am searching your site for answers but haven't found as yet. Need to replace two bedroom windows with a larger size on a 1965 Marlette 12 x 60 to meet code for moving to our property. As well, need contractor to do same. Please advise.

Mike

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:45 am

Tell us where you are located. Perhaps one of us knows of a contractor in your area. You can also look thru the Manufactured Housing Yellow Pages for a local contractor.

You can find and order replacement windows online from Th4e Mobile Home Parts Store
David Oxhandler
[email protected]