Someone to donate mobile home

Add your name and comments about our web sites.
adiane37

Post by adiane37 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:54 pm

My Mom has always been the glue in our family. She has always been known to help people in any way that she could without asking for anything in return. She has lived on this property for many years and this property has been in our family for generations.

Now for her "plight"....the trailor is falling apart from the roof to the floors. The roof leaks which in turn has ruined the ceilings inside and there are a few places where the ceilings have holes. The floors are weak and carpet covers the holes in a few rooms. We know where to step to be careful not to fall through; but, sometimes we forget and it causes her to trip. The wiring in the trailor has been declared a fire hazard...and death trap...by a few professionals. The bathtub in the back bathroom is falling through the floor. Windows need to be replaced. Plumbing needs repaired. This trailor is falling down around her. She cannot afford repairs or to move. She is on SS Disability and is in bad health. In the summer time, it stays a steady 92-94 degrees in the house which is one cause of her feet to swell and retain water to a unhealthy degree. Her doctor, Dr. Crowell of Hominy, Ok, mentioned that this environment is not good for her health. Just as it is too hot in the summer, it is too cold in the winter. It stays a steady 92-94 degrees in the house right now. She gets bronchitis very easily and it turns into pnuemonia very quickly. She doesn't get around well and the porch steps are hard for her to go down. There is only one way in and out of the trailor. The front door is only held in place by a wooden latch and there are no steps or porch to enter or exit. If there were a fire, I would pray that she would be able to get out the back door...or she would have to take about a five foot fall to the ground out the front door.

I worry constantly that she is going to fall through her floors, the shower, the roof will fly off or completely cave in, the trailor will catch fire due to bad wiring...or she will be bitten by another spider. I am forever chasing down wasps and killing them....I have killed several brown recluse spiders...and ants run rampant.

I took care of my Dad until he passed away....and now it is up to me to take care of my Mom. I am begging you to find it in your hearts to choose to help her with her home. I know that people email you all the time for help and she is just another email; but, she is my Mom and she needs so much help. She has done so much for so many people that I would love for her to have some type of reward in her elder years so that she can live safely in her home. I have applied for SSDI because of my health problems, also. I am doing the best I can to try to take care of her when I am not doing well myself. My Mom sees my health failing and I know it tears her heart apart to see me like this. On top of all my other health issues, I had a heat stroke last year. So, she sees me struggling to take care of her in this heat. I wet bath towels and put them in the freezer for when it gets really hot in the house. We wear them around our necks until they are warm and then I put them back in the freezer to use them again.

We have contacted the local Weatherization Program and Community Action Program, HGTV, and Catholic Charities. They turned her down because there were too many repairs. We were turned down by Habitat for Humanity because we could not afford the mortgage payments. I have contacted Lucas Metal Works, Inc. in Ochelata, Oklahoma. They decided not to help because at the time, my son and his new born son that has health problems was living here. He had to move his family because the conditions here were not healthy for his newborn son that already had health problems. My son lost his first daughter to SIDS three years ago and now his son that was born on July 2nd is on a monitor. We are not asking for new furniture, appliances, fancy anything. We can use our old stuff to furnish a house. We just need a safe place for her to live out her Golden Years. She deserves it more than you would ever know.

We have no where else to turn; so, I am past asking, I am begging for any help that you may give. Please help my Mom. I will send some pictures of her trailor, if you would like. You are welcome to visit our home to see the conditions that I have described . I would love for you to meet my Mom and see the type of person she is. You would be blessed to have met and known her.

Our contact information is: 918-846-2415. Our address is: 103 West second Street, Wynona, OK 74084.

adiane37

Post by adiane37 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:57 pm

-- moved topic --