sliding glass doors

Add your name and comments about our web sites.
mike burnash

sliding glass doors

Post by mike burnash » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:13 am

i have a 2005 clayton and would like to replace the windows in the dining room with a sliding glass door. is it possible to use a door from lowes and can a novice carpenter handle the job.

rmurray

Re: sliding glass doors

Post by rmurray » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:34 pm

Mike..

Do you really want a novice carpenter cutting a over 6" hole in the side of your house...You would be much better to have a professional..experienced door installer do this job...

Many Claytons have only a 84" side wall...If yours is that size..This door might not work....

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:20 am

Have you tried the MH PARTS STORE?&#160 If you dont find what you need on the web site, friendly & knowledgeable customer service representatives are available to answer your questions or take your special order. Call them at the toll free number you will find at the top of the Parts Store pages

mac

Post by mac » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:45 pm

I'd vote for the installer too, if it were me. You'll want to make sure a proper header is installed over the door, and studs down the sides - to properly spread the weight of the roof over the walls. The $ 3-400 you might spend in labor would get you peace of mind. However, if you were to go forward, places like Lowe's can custom order different sizes. Try calling the factory and asking what size they use. It's possible they could direct you to an installer.

Sharon

re: glass windows

Post by Sharon » Tue May 02, 2006 2:53 pm

I broke the glass on one side of the door in my bathroom and am having a hard time finding replacement. The glass is smoking with etching on it. Not sure if those are the right words but can't think of anything else to describe it. My Mobile Home is a 1992 Bonneville.

Sharon