looking for m/h in south carolina

Add your name and comments about our web sites.
Andrea

looking for m/h in south carolina

Post by Andrea » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:12 am

I am looking for a slightly own m/h that still has manufactures warrnty on it. For example one made and purchased in 2000 but say was reproed in 2003 and still has man. warrnty on it. I am planning to move from Charlotte to Lancaster county once my ssi case has been finalized and decied in Aug/Sept of this year. I am perferably looking for a two bed one bath with laundry room type of layout. I am also perferably looking for one with white exterior walls and has shutters. I plan to paint the shutters navy blue and the door red. Any information about this and where I can purchase home owners insurence cheaply will be greatly appricated.
Thanks,
Andrea

David Oxhandler

Re: FInding The Right Home OnLine

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:36 am

Andrea -Start your search on line at the Manufactured Housing National Multiple Listing Service You will easily be able to search for exactly what your hoping for in your local area or increase the search to larger and larger circles. The listings are searchable by city, state, number of bedrooms and baths, manufacturer, year built and price. It is easy to get drive directions directly to any listing as each listing auto-interfaces with Yahoo Maps. Click the MAP link on any listing and it will auto-generate a map of the location of the home for sale and the surrounding area. Also try the Manufactured Home Finder Web Site Their search matches your dream house with inventory of sellers in your local area. You input the specific requirements for your home using the fast, easy form HERE. Their network of Home Dealers, Brokers, Communities & Realtors will search for homes that meet or exceed your wish list. You will know before you leave home the locations of the homes and even finance programs that match your personal requirements. This program is paid for by local sellers that want to tell you about homes they have for sale and is ALWAYS 100% free to MH Buyers and Shoppers.To search specifically for repos; There is a repo sale in progress now on line at the Associates Web Sit It looks like they have quiet a few in the SouthEast.For Manufactured Homeowners Insurance you can get a no strings, free quote HEREGood Luck on your search - Let us know about how you progress.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:11 pm

Manufacrured home warrantys are different from autos..They ONLY protect the first owner and cease to exist when the home is moved..none has a warranty you can transfer to you..Sorry..Consider a new home..

Andrea

Post by Andrea » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:01 pm

Thanks for the info. I will look into into that stuff.

David

Mr. Oxhandler, I had previously...

Post by David » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:42 pm

...tried all those sites you mentioned with no results. I am thinking it might be best if I go ahead and buy a new mobile home. But, where to start? What is a good brand name? The next one I buy will have to rest me the rest of my life (I'm 54 now). I am about to go through a divorce and I will be on a limited income. I am also on disability retirement though the federal government. I guess my questions should be 1) What are the most respected name brands of new Mobile Homes and where on the net should I inquire? 2) Are you aware of any government programs that could assist me financially due to my circumstances mentioned previously?

That's probably more questions and information you wanted. But, I am really starting to get desperate for help. Thanks to you and anyone else for help.

David

David Oxhandler

Re: Mr. Oxhandler, I had previously...

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:06 pm

You are asking a lot....

The easiest way for you to obtain all that infomation would be to read one of the following booksLThe Complete Buyers Guide to Manufactured Homes and Land - E-Book Edition  is a no-nonsense, highly readable guide explains just how the manufactured home industry operates, exposes its secrets, and teaches you how to find a dealer worthy of your trust, how to make the right home selection, how to accurately determine the fair price of a home. Exhaustively researched, with extensive input from both industry insiders and consumer advocates, this guide contains much information that retailers, even the good guys, don't want you to know."How To Buy A Manufactured-Mobile Home And Save Thousands Of Dollars" is another good place to start and it is available in our book store in both hardbound and e-book editions The author recently combined both of his best selling books, " How To Buy A Manufactured Home And Save Thousands" with his, "Manufactured Home Comparison Guide" into one book. It seemed many readers where interested in both subjects. Now consumers can learn how to save thousands when purchasing a manufactured home along with Randy Eaton's comparison guide, which rates over 50 of the most popular builders in the United States.

David

Post by David » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:21 am

I appreciate that information very much. I apologize for going overboard in my request.

Karen

Post by Karen » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:54 pm

I have just run a add in the paper today, I must sell an older moble home, but am almost giving it away if you are interested, It's a 1965 melody 12 X 65 2 bedroom, one and a half bath, it must be moved to a county that does not have the winzone2 law. If you are interested email me back asap, because we have to move it from North Charleston SC area, to a county like Orangeburg or somewhere that does not have the law for the windzone2 yet. Am only asking
1.200.00 dollars for it, because we know whoever buy it must move it. It does need some small repair, but nothing big, so if you are interested please email me as soon as you can. Thanks Karen

Karen

Post by Karen » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:19 pm

I would like to know where to find a really cheap piece of land in the Orangeburg area to move the 1965 mobil home on, and also need someone to move it for me, do you know of anyone that can move the trailer? If I can't get it sold for the 1.200.00 dollars, then I have to move it myself, and if I have to move it myself, then I will just keep it, but need a place to put it on. Can you help me find some very cheap land and someone to move it incase it won't sell? It's a nice little trailer, but these windzone2 laws make it hard to move, unless you have a piece of land in a county already that does not have that law yet. thanks and any info. on this is a blessing. Dont' forget to tell me where to find the VIN number on it to ok. thanks Karen

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:37 pm

Windzone requirements are federal requirements regualted by each state. After the storm activity in the south last season I am afraid you wont be able to find any county that will let you install a home that is not up to current code.

Talk to local manufactured housing installation contractors and retailers, find them in the yellow pages, in the area you want to move to. They can give yout a better picture of the local rules they are living with every day.