want info. on Horton or Homes of Merit manufactured homes

Add your name and comments about our web sites.
Jennifer

want info. on Horton or Homes of Merit manufactured homes

Post by Jennifer » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:53 am

I am interested in finding customers of Horton Homes or Homes of Merit manufactured homes.We have narrowed down our decision to buy between these two companies and I would like to hear any good or bad experiences anyone has had with either. Any info. on their modular homes would be great!

carolyn berry

Re: want info. on Horton or Homes of Merit manufactured homes

Post by carolyn berry » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:32 pm

hi

i am carolyn and my husband and i have looked at houses for over 2 years, we have i t down to palm harbor and jacobson. maybe you could help and tell the difference in palm harbor and homes of merit.

thanks,

carolyn

Craig

Post by Craig » Sat May 15, 2004 7:26 am

I gave up on dealing with the dealership to get the warranty work done for my Homes of Merit doublewide delivered in 2/04. I have been going through Homes of Merit factory directly. the factory has fixed most things on my list. however, we still can not use the clothes dryer in the home because the vent to the outside of the home is torn & will only send the hot air between the floor & the bellywrap of the home. when we use the master bathroom shower about a quart of water comes out from under it. and the factory has left several of the jobs only half done. the service manager at the Homes of Merit plant in Lake City, FL told me that he thinks I am being to picky. I paid over $70,000.00 for my home. I shouldnt have the problems I am having on a brand new home.
if I had it to do over again I would buy a Skyline.
I'm at my wits end as to where to turn next to get my home fixed properly.
any suggestions from anyone out there would be apprectiated.

Thanks

RHONDA

Post by RHONDA » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:33 am

Horton Homes are built better than Homes of Merit.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Mon May 01, 2006 10:41 pm

Who are you kidding Ms. Horton....If this was true why does Horton only warranty their home for 12 months while HOM has enough confidence to back their home for 60 months..