serial number

Add your name and comments about our web sites.
Bill Griffith

serial number

Post by Bill Griffith » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:23 am

I am purchasing a 1978 doublewide mobile home.
I have walked around it many times and I have crawled
around in all the cabinets in the kitchen.Nowhere can
I find a plate that tells me the brand or the serial number.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

David Oxhandler

Re: serial number

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:53 pm

You might find the S/N embossed on the front bumper... the part of the home the hitch is usually welded to. As old as the home is you may need to remove a few layers of oxidation/and or paint to find it.

If on the bumper you might find the number on one of the main "I" beams if the steel frame. If so it would be located close to the hitch end on the vertical face of the "I" Beam

Mark E Zimmerman

Post by Mark E Zimmerman » Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:52 pm

They should be a HUD lable some where in your home, sometimes it is on cabinet doors, in a closet on the wall, inside the hot water heater compartment, on the side of cabinets. This is a peice of paper permantely affixed to the wall, cabinet etc... also on the hitch end they should be some numbers and letters stamped into the frame header. the letter of the state, and plant # are there, but as for who is the manufacture you will have to search around in the different manufactures to find out who built it. Good Luck

cynthia williams

Post by cynthia williams » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:08 am

i brought a double wide mobile home i have the serial number but i don't know the year or model . can some one help me.serail number is ULI030958,ULI030959

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:40 am

So you bought a home with out much knowledge of it...There should be a title which will have a manufacturers name on it.....

You can go here to help find info that should be on the house...With the HUD number you can submit a request for info on the house to HUD here..

http://www.ibts.org/faq_consumer.htm

Actually your numbers sound like HUD numbers...I have never heard a double that has different number on each half....HUD numbers will be consecutive like these....Serial numbers for multisection homes are usually written like this...
UL1030958 A/B...With one side being the A section and the other the B section..