Modular homes

Add your name and comments about our web sites.
Geneise

Modular homes

Post by Geneise » Mon May 20, 2002 5:31 pm

I am researching Modular homes and all I come up with are horror stories. I live in NC and if anyone knows of a reputable modular dealer, PLEASE email me. I would love to find one. I have been doing research for a long time. I really do appreciate it:)

rmurray

Re: Modular homes

Post by rmurray » Tue May 21, 2002 5:04 am

There are virtually hundreds of manufactured and modular home dealers in NC..The vast majority of them are honest business persons offering a good product at fair prices..

The big corportate dealers (Oakwood, Clayton, Champion and others) each have their benefits for the consumer that only size can offer..

From my experience..I usually recommend long time locally owned independent dealers..These are usually family organizations in which you can have dealings directly with the owner..They usually offer many products from various manufacturers..

The best defense against problems is consumer education..You have done the first steps by doing your reasearch...Now it would be time to move forward to get a clear understanding of what you want in a home and the dollar range you can afford..Check out this web site,,,maybe buy Randy's book...Check out manufacturers web sites...

Once you are up to speed...you will know if the dealer is treating you with respect or not..Those that lie to you...you will leave...Those that are there to help you will be very clear and give you great comfort in your purchase..

Keep up the good work in learning...Good Luck with your choice of homes..

nick gentile

Re: Modular homes

Post by nick gentile » Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:46 pm

we have just purchased a new moduler home and the workmenship is terible it has been the worst thing that i have ever experience in my life. the builder bolted the two haves of the house together so that there is a one inch drop in the first five feet from the center of the house out, we have a 26' opening in the center of the home plus they ran the sheet rock paralell to the ceiling joist and when they lifted the home they broke every joint every 4' for the entire 64' of the home and have only offered to patch the home. I am interested to hear of similer storys