Page 1 of 1

is this something that is covered

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:46 pm
by auntyjoyce
i just bought this 74 homette in march 2011 last week i looked under the home and noticed a sag on the bottom board in one place on the front of the home i noticed a big white round substance on the bottom board is that mold? and i also noticed my insulation hanging down and some on the ground ,is this something that home owners insurnace covers not really sure what it covers i live in peabody ,mass

Re: is this something that is covered

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 am
by David Oxhandler
Call your insurance agent. Each policy is unique. Most do not cover "minor" plumbing problems, which is what this sounds like. The sooner you get it fixed the least damage your home will sustain and the less it will cost to make repairs.

Be sure that once the leak is repaired that the insulation and bottom board are replaced.

Re: is this something that is covered

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 pm
by auntyjoyce
i hate to sound stupid but i dont notice anything leaking maybe this is a old leak? im glad you are here by the way, i hope i dont get on your bad side;haheha well i guess ill just have someone take a look under neath and maybe they can tell if something is leaking im sure something was.cause when i bought this in march the bathroom sink was leaking from the top pip down and got the floor wet and the carpert was soaked in the other room thats behind the bathroom dont know how long that was like that, well i have 2 names to call one from servicemagic website and another from a guy who just is handy . thanks,

Re: is this something that is covered

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 am
by moniqueswertz