Insurance Question in Wisconsin - Please Help

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
bensonjohnw

Insurance Question in Wisconsin - Please Help

Post by bensonjohnw » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Someone Please help -

My father passed away recently and because of the length of time he was in the trailer before he was found it is considered uninhabitable. He does have insurance and they have agreed to total the unit and pay the valve minus his deductable. Here's where the issue comes in ---

Foremost insurance out of Wisconsin is telling us we are still responsible to have the trailer removed from the park to a disposal site. The will REIMBURSE us up to $2600 for the cost of disposal.

We have found a dump that will take it and a guy that will haul it away, but the total cost for both will total over $3500. The means I will have to pay $900 out of my own pocket to have the totaled trailer away!

Is this correct? Any suggestions how I can get around this?

We have sent in the title to the insurance company and they will be sending us a check for the value of the trailer. But, are still expecting us to have the trailer hauled away.

Any help would be great -

David Oxhandler

Re: Insurance Question in Wisconsin - Please Help

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Contact a few local dealers and get the numbers of several home movers and then get competitive bids.

If the park owners will consider this it is cheaper sometimes to get a demolition company to demolish the home on site. They will recycle much of the remainders and haul the rest away in a dumpster. The value of many recycled materials has jumped very high in the past several months.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]