information on insurance company in California

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Ryan

information on insurance company in California

Post by Ryan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:33 am

I've heard horror stories after a disaster such as Katrina, where insurance companies just write off claims. I'm in California and I'm interstead in a company that I can depend on when purchasing insurance for our new manufactor home. A company that stands by you and having adequate replacement coverage. I would appreciate any advice so I can do my homework. Ryane
Ryane

Sylvia

Re: information on insurance company in California

Post by Sylvia » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:02 am

Ryan,
That question is probably really a two fold question. You need to look for a company that has a strong enough financial rating to back up any claims. That would be thier AM Best rating. Then you'd want to make sure they really pay out thier claims. You could probably check with the California insurance commissioners office to see who has the least amount of complaints of the ones you chose with the highest financial rating.

I would also make sure, when checking companies, that thier re insurance is adequete. If there was a catastrophic earthquake and everyone lost thier home, your company likely couldn't pay out the claims themselves. That's where the re insurance companies step in. Basically it's insurance for insurance companies.