which type of policy?

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
paradoxos

which type of policy?

Post by paradoxos » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:20 am

My 2002 sectional is permanently set up on private property on a poured concrete foundation with crawlspace and 2-car attached garage. The home is mortgaged and taxed as real estate, and has had the same sort of homeowners insurance policy a site-built home would have. The policy was issued based on my local insurance agent's inspection of the home. At some point, somebody else from the company inspected the outside of the home and determined it is a "mobile home." Now, the company is refusing to let me renew with them unless I purchase a mobile home policy. My yearly premium has been around $400, but would increase to around $1300 with a mobile home policy.

Do all owners of a manufactured home have to purchase a mobile home policy, or do only certain insurance companies require this? It never occurred to me I would have this sort of a problem since my home is mortgaged and taxed as real estate, and is on my own piece of land. The company I have been with is Nationwide, and I live in Ohio.

--DAVID

rmurray

Re: which type of policy?

Post by rmurray » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:03 pm

Home onwers insurance is like any other type of insurance...They claaify you in a group for rating purposes...The size and type od dog you have, your credit score, type of home, proximity to fire houses, crime stats in your neighborhood..the list goes on and on...They will say they are looking for ways to limit and contol claims..

Most compnies do treat manufactured homes as their own class....Type of mortgage, underpinng, tax system have nothing to do with it..your home is a manufactured home....Rates vary from company to company a lot...you should shop around for the best rate you can find....Your loyaltiy means nothing to them any more...They will have none from them...1 claim you will probably be canceled...Check ther site here....And be glad you do not live in Florida, LA or TX...3 times that higher amount are common if you can find coverage at all...

admin

Re: which type of policy?

Post by admin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:14 am

Many people naturally, but mistakenly turn to an insurance office where they have purchased auto or business coverage. Manufactured home insurance is different than any other type of insurance. It is important that your insurance company specializes in manufactured home insurance. If you have a claim, you want people who understand how a home is manufactured and the best way to repair or replace it. It's always easier dealing with people who know their business.

Even if your not ready to renew, now is a good time to learn if you can get a better price, and superior coverage. The MH insurance expert's form takes only two to three minutes to fill out. That small investment of your time could save you money on your home owners policy this year, next year and every year for as long as you own your home. There is no obligation, no credit check and best of all NO FEE.

Get your free quote and discover ALL of your alternatives HERE
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]