Help! Looking for Insurance!

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Mrs.Morris

Help! Looking for Insurance!

Post by Mrs.Morris » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:02 pm

hello guys, i'm due this september. any recommendations on what home insurance to go through and what are you paying? i've checked on line and i was given quotes from different insurance company. the cost was ok, but i want to know if there are any more out there who could give out something more affordable. hope u guys help me.. thank you so much.

[URL="http://www.medicalandnursingguide.com"]How To Start A Nursing Agency[/URL]|
[URL="http://www.backgroundcheck-complete.com"]Complete Background Check![/URL]|
[URL="http://www.nursingagencynetwork.com"]How To Start Your Own Nursing Agency[/URL]|
[URL="http://www.window-cleaningbusiness.com"]Build A Fortune in Window Cleaning Business[/URL]

admin

Re: Help! Looking for Insurance!

Post by admin » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:28 pm

It is easier to shop at WWW.MobileHomeInsuranceQuote.com for manufactured home insurance than any place in the world.To get a free quote CLICK HERE NOW!
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

benhauck

Post by benhauck » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:25 pm

need insurance for MH in Punta Gorda, FL--1979, Nobility, 24X48 with carport and 10X20 screened porch, excellent condition. would like 50,00 coverage on home and 15000 on contents. coverage must include hurricane and flood.

hoodm

Post by hoodm » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:25 pm

Modular home nightmare. We have a modular/manufactured home and have added a huge addition. 1/3 is modular home 2/3 is stick build. We have always had homeowners insurance but now I am told that my current agent can no longer provide our insurance because it is a modular homes, they no longer contract with their modular home underwriter or something. My policy would need to be converted to cash out coverage and the home is valued to much for that because they can only count it as a 1992 modular home w/o the addition. I was left without homeowners insurance so I took out an expense mortgage insurance in the meantime but am paying an arm and a leg for it per year. I have looked everywhere and found one insurance complany, but they had a problem with my 2 -5 year old chow dogs. One company told me I would have to get rid of my dogs to get insurance. What a dilemma. I cannot get rid of my family pets but I can no longer pay the overpriced insurance through my mortgage company. Anybody got any ideas. I read one of the post about netquote and have registered with them. any ideas?

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Could it be you are mixing your terminology...Many companies do not cover manufactured (HUD code certified) homes...but almost all insurance companies will treat a true modular home as a "stick built home"....If you have a HUD seal you will have to find manufactured home coverage in your area....Try the insurance quote section of this web site....

Many insurance companies have tried to mitigate losses by refusing to insure many different pets..certain dogs have a bad reputation for biting and creating liability claims....Some also restrict coverage when a horse is a pet...

Good Luck with your quest

hoodm

Post by hoodm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Where would I look for a HUD seal?

I have had agents call my home a modular and some call it a manufactured home but nobody has ever classified it as a "stick built" home before. I really don't know which it is. It came to my property in two pieces and put together. We have totally redone the whole inside and with the addition there isn't much of the original home left.

We were looking to refi with Quicken Loans/Rock Financial and had everything done up to the appraisal. When the appraiser come out he immediately went to his car (to make a call) and next thing we knew he "had to leave". Later that night we got the call saying Rock Financial doesn't finance modular home. We got charged $125 for a partial appraisal and a credit check. They certainly didn't regard the house a stick build home. All the time, effort, and money wasted! WE are now back at square one with the refi. Hence the need to locate homeowners insurance.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Check out this web site...

http://www.ibts.org/faq_consumer.htm

Modular homes are usually treated as sitebilt by most mortgage and insurance companies..Looks like Quicken might not be a good source...but the appraiser probably saw the HUD seal and told them it was a manufactured (HUD code) home...Many mortgage companies treat them differently...same with dome insurance companies...Sounds like you might have a manufactured home..