State Home Owners Insurance

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
David Oxhandler

Re: State Home Owners Insurance

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:45 pm

In the Ocala area try:

Jerry Cantrell or Lee Wade at
Empire General Insurance
3423 East Silver Springs Blvd OCALA
Phone - 352 369 1919

They have been very good to folks I know who have purchased around Marion County.

Sharon Duncan

Post by Sharon Duncan » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:26 am

Dear Desiree,

My husband & I are aggressively planning our retirement in 07 with plans to search for & hopefully purchase a MH in Central Florida, maybe Sebring or Winter Haven area. Our use will be winter months only, returning to our primary (lakefront) home in South Jersey each early spring. My husband is a carpenter and we actually hope to find a MH "rough around the edges", reduced in price because of it, and give us something to do besides play golf. I am aware that Insurance might be staggering, and wonder if there are guidelines to lookout for? Would a "fixer-upper" NOT be a candidate for Home Owner's Ins? And is $3000 a 'typical' estimate for adequate insurance coverage?? I actually fear the Insurance issue may curtail our plans altoghether ~ I hope not. Any help, advise, suggestions or any warnings you may know of (that I apparently do not), would be very valuable to me. HELP!
Thanks so much, Desiree.

Patricia Taylor

Post by Patricia Taylor » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:53 am

I own a 12x60 1972 mobile home with stick built additions bringing the total square footage to approximately 1800. The home sits on a concrete block foundation that is stucco, the exterior of the house is vinyl and stucco. The house is in very good condition. I need a quote on insuring my home.

Frank Hoffman

Post by Frank Hoffman » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:41 pm

We have owned mobil home's in n.w. part of the Fla panhandle for many tear's now our ins co say's they no longer have ins. for mobil home's? We are not in the hurricane area nor have there been any disastor's here. So why are we being punished for living in afforable, beautiful mobil homes??

lisa

Post by lisa » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:24 pm

My parents live in a older mobile home in Fort Myers. Citizens is charging 2400 for insurance. Are there any other options out there for mobile home insurance? I know I read something about florida manufactured housing association looking into starting an insurance company to cover mobile homes but I never saw a follow up to this. Do you know of any other company than Citizens to check into. I have been searching then net and stumbled on this site.

Thanks
Lisa

Ray

Post by Ray » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:08 am

I guess we are all in the same boat. I received a cancellation notice from West Point in February and have been unable to find replacement policy. As soon as I mention manufactured home and Charlotte County, Florida, the conversation is over! The insurance companies have no problem taking our money for auto, life, health, etc... evidently this is the cream and although very few claims were paid out here in Charlotte County for forty years - they are now running out. As said above, the manufactured ghome is the only affordable alternative, but the rates being charged by Citizens will soon negate that choice. I live in Punta Gorda - ground zero for Charley and we lost eight homes. Granted, the homes are all 1994 and newer, but the politicians and media continue to refer to them as "trailers." With that conotation goes the idea that they will not stand up to hurricanes and are therefore a bad insurance risk. Manufactured homes are not re-selling in the Punta Gorda / Port Charlotte area. Looks like the developers will have their way - get rid of the manufactured homes and replace with $300,000+ new ones!

Barbara

Post by Barbara » Fri May 19, 2006 6:04 am

I need Mobile Home Insurance in FLORIDA......

Jeremey Siegel

Need MobileHome Insurance in Charlotte Cty

Post by Jeremey Siegel » Wed May 24, 2006 3:38 am

I work for PMC Lending, a mortgage bank/broker and I am trying to refinance one of my manufactured-home clients in Punta Gorda (Charlotte County.) They currently have Citizens insurance but they will not increase the coverage over $85,000. Their appraisal states that the depreciated value is $130,817 so of course the lender wants replacement cost coverage to protect their investment. Now I am running into a brick wall trying to find coverage with any other company. I figured there would be a couple of smaller surplus coverage companies that would insure it for a higher premium but I can't find ANYTHING. The home was manufactured in 2001, it's 125X100, double-wide and the client has excellent credit. Is there ANY company that would provide coverage for this home?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone needs help finding a lender for a new home purchase (manufactured or otherwise), refinance or line of credit--feel free to email me and I'll help you out. I know there has to be at least one company that provides coverage!!

benhauck

Post by benhauck » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:49 am

who do you contact for state insurance? do vacation MH qualify?