trouble finding insurance coverage in Florida

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
pat

trouble finding insurance coverage in Florida

Post by pat » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:47 pm

I spent the better (really the worst) part of my day trying to find an insurance company that will write a policy on the mobile home I am buying in Florida.I was told that companies don't want to write on single wides - that NO ONE wants to do business is Florida after the storms and all - that becasue I own the land (9 acers) I am poor risk....

Does anyone have a suggestion? The seller has insurance with AARP Foremost, but they will not write a new policy for me because the MH is in Florida, eventhough I am a card carrying member of AARP.

Help! Can't close on the purchase without insurance.

David Oxhandler

Re: trouble finding insurance coverage in Florida

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:54 am

The insurance companies took a beating in Florida last year and in the Central Gulf this year. At this moment, with another storm heading towards the South East U.S. it is difficult... but not imposable to get coverage in these areas. Wait until next week when the current storm has passed and things will loosen up a bit

In Florida the state has created a pool for those of us that have been turned down by traditional insurers. We had the same problem this year at renewal time. For Insurance in Florida Phone

Steven Jones Insurance
Lakeland Florida
(800) 853-7095.

He has been a great help for me and our customers and park residents

Cory McCory-Roberts

Post by Cory McCory-Roberts » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:45 pm

You might want to check with Geico as well... I just purchased a double wide and they are insuring it for me.... Gulf Shores Ala area... noone else would... However they have an underwriting company called Assurant and they may be a little higher premium but Flood is included as well.... They have no problems with insuring in Hurricane areas... and are a very reputable company.

Charlotte

Post by Charlotte » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:55 pm

I just went to GEICO's website and it says that Assurant is no longer writing in FL.