Hurricane Ins Deductions

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
E. Smith

Hurricane Ins Deductions

Post by E. Smith » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:29 am

Hello,

I am in the process of searching for insurance for a MH in Davenport, FL. I researched over 10 companies. Most only offer 5% hurricane deductible for the first hurricane and then $1000 for any others. Some have suggested to find companies that offer 2% instead because 5% is like having not insurance at all. The only companies that I can find that offers 2% is writing policy thorough the state insurance company Citizens. I have been told the state insurance is not very good company.

I go to settlement on November 4, 2005. My question is this. Is it best to go with the 5% deductible and use a more better company or go with the 2% and use the state company. If anyone know of a company I can contact please let me know.

I tried the following alreay:

Faneuf Agency, AAA, Allstate, Four Corners, Horace Mann, Tyler Insurance,
Farm Bureau, Smith & Thomas (policy thru Tower Hill), Omega Ins, Geico, and Statefarm.

I can use any help possible. I also tried the insurance quote offered on this site 5 times but never get a response. Thanks

David Oxhandler

Re: Hurricane Ins Deductions

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:36 pm

We had the same problem this year at renewal time. Insurance in Florida has
been difficult Phone Steven Jones Insurance in Lakeland Florida at (800) 853-7095. He has been a great help for me and our customers and park residents.

E. Smith

Post by E. Smith » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:08 am

Thanks David. I did contact Steve Jones Ins. Quotes very high ($2000), but I did want to thank you for the information.

If anyone else knows of any good companies please let me know.

pat

Post by pat » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:02 pm

We are in the same situat8ion as you are - Did you find a company that would write your insurance? So far I have not even been able to get a call back from Steven Jones Ins...

pat

Post by pat » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:02 pm

We are in the same situat8ion as you are - Did you find a company that would write your insurance? So far I have not even been able to get a call back from Steven Jones Ins...

bob

Post by bob » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:46 pm

please give any information hurricane ins