MH Landlord Insurance

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Tim

MH Landlord Insurance

Post by Tim » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:27 pm

I own a 1996 Fleetwood manufactured home in Albany, OR. I am going to rent it out and my insurance company has informed me that because I am not going to live there my rates are going up almost 3 times as much as when I lived there. I have Foremost Insurance. Are there other options that you know about?
Thank You,
Tim

Alisa Cook

Re: MH Landlord Insurance

Post by Alisa Cook » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:20 pm

Tim,
I have the same problem so if you have any good advice let me know! I bought a mobile home for rental (Texas) not knowing that insurance for rentals is sky high. I paid $35K for the unit and to get replacement value (some $69K). That is 5x what I was paying for a house with a much higher value!

I have found it varies by state but it seems that the reality is that a mobile home rental means you are SOL when it comes to insurance.

Let me know if you have learned something! My current insurere (Standard) just cancelled me since I am renting. They were charging me almost $600 for a $35K policy...