garage libility for licence

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Connie Jones

garage libility for licence

Post by Connie Jones » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:32 pm

I am required to obtain garage libility insurance to get licenced for selling rv park mobiles. I asked at the class why we had to have this insurance since we are not in buisness yet. He said he did not know. My question is what is it for? I am having a hard time finding anything online. Is it for the buisness I am going to have? Cant get a buisness licence before dealer licence. Or am I insuring my dealer licence? Thank you Connie

Mark

Re: garage libility for licence

Post by Mark » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:57 pm

Not sure where you live or your specifics, but I know in florida in order to get a car dealers license, you have to have insurance first, probably the same thing for you. License, approved location, bonding, etc.

Connie Jones

Post by Connie Jones » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:17 pm

Thank you Mark Yes I do live in Florida. I have all the things you mentioned except [garage libility ] Why is it called garage libility. Is it different? Can you suggest a company for me? Thank you Connie

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:00 am

Try contacting the Florida Manufactured Home Association..They will have members who specialize in all sorts of dealer insurance...

http://www.fmha.org/

Connie Jones

Post by Connie Jones » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:20 am

Thanks Murray, You guys are great! I sent an email and am excited to get an answer. Thanks again. Connie

Connie Jones

Post by Connie Jones » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:56 pm

rmurray hi it is me again. fmha did not write me back. I am so at my witts end. One insurance co. said I had to have a cdl license before garage libility????????is this true? I am stuck with this insurance problem. Do you know anyone who can help me? Thank you Connie

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:43 am

Well lets hope the lack of response is the holidays....Large parts of the industry...including most plants and many lenders take vacations at this time...Home sales are very slow around Christmas...

They should be back in the office now...Try calling them and ask for the executive director...

Florida MHA
2958 Wellington Circle N
Suite 100
Tallahassee, FL 32309-6686
Phone: (850) 907-9111
Fax: (850) 907-9119

Actually I just realized that you were asking for a RV license...not manufactured home license....It does seem that garage liability is required....for the sales of RV's...while NOT required for manufactured homes...With that thought in mind...I probably sent you to the wrong place......You should be contacting the RV Association in FL...

Florida RV Trade Association

401 N. Parsons Ave.

Suite 107

Brandon, FL 33510

813-684-7882

Fax: 813-653-0211

http://www.frvta.org/

If I were you I would find others doing sales like you want to do and ask them how they have gotten this insurance and where...