Page 1 of 1

Title Coverage question

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:53 am
by Jon B
I am interested in buying a Mfg. Home. The seller does not have a Title to give me.

Will Title companies write me a title policy that covers/protects me?


Re: Title Coverage question

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:15 am
by Mark
The seller can apply for a replacement title at any local motor vehicle/tax/tag office.
All he has to do is prove he is the owner.


Re: Title Coverage question

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:25 pm
by Linda Fox
The Seller needs to obtain a duplicate lien certificate from his local Motor Vehicle Department. Usually he only needs to give his address and the vin number on the bill of sale (when he got it)

This is not hard work - just a pain to go there to get it - he might also try the web for his local office - here in Arizona, he can apply over the Web and for $4.00 he can print it out!

If perhaps there is a loan on the Mobil home, that lender will have a the original lien certificate which will be surrendered when the current owner pays off the loan.

Re: Title Coverage question

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:54 pm
by adam
i am thinking about buying a mobil home and will need insurance coverage. i found a property and wanted to search the home by vin number. is there smewhere where i can search this home by vin?

Re: Title Coverage question

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:35 pm
by rmurray
Yes your local title office...

Manufactured vs Regular Hs Insurance

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:07 am
by yardbird396
Our manufactured home is currently insured as a REGULAR house (because it is permanently installed) i want to transfer insurance coverage but the new insurance company quoted the house as a manufactured house. Question:
1. Is our current insurance home valid?
2. what are the rules to consider a manufactured house to be a regular house?

Re: Manufactured vs Regular Hs Insurance

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:57 am
by rmurray
Since this is a technical LEGAL question, you should be asking your insurance company and/or agent..

Re: Title Coverage question

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:33 pm
by David Oxhandler
Mr. Murray is right... each state has different laws that apply to manufactured homes on land that is owned by the registered home owner. In Florida you need to have MH insurance regardless of the real-estate classification. Talk to your agent and make sure your covered correctly... it wont matter unless you have a claim and you dont want to discover the wrong answer at that point in time