UNLEVELED FLOORING

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
LAURIE LACEFIELD

UNLEVELED FLOORING

Post by LAURIE LACEFIELD » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:53 am

I just recently purchased a home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I noticed that my floors are not leveled. I had a home inspection before moving in and he said that I shouldn't be alarmed because it is only off by 1/4". I am not happy! I want to move, I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem in the future?

rmurray

Re: UNLEVELED FLOORING

Post by rmurray » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:01 am

I think I would be trusting the professional home inspector...of course this can be fixed...but he is saying it is not worth the cost...

relax and enjoy your new home....

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:34 am

I tend to agree, 1/4" over the span of a home isn't that significant.

Unless the floors are wavy, which tends to indicate they are collapsing particle board.

I do however find it funny that the pyramids were built within a 1/4" of accuraccy over hundreds of feet and now with all the modern electonics and such, we still can't build better than they could 5000 years ago.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:44 am

Unfortunately we do not have tens of thousands of slaves to do the work..

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:30 pm

Actually, recent discoveries have indicated that the pyramid builders were not slaves, but in fact, well paid and cared for workers, complete with health care and other niceties that were not afforded the general public.

Kevin C

Post by Kevin C » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:16 pm

:-) I love that one Murray.
Kevin C

Kevin C

Post by Kevin C » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:42 pm

:-) I love that one Murray.
Kevin C

Nick