Replacement Cost on Mobile Home

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Lisa

Replacement Cost on Mobile Home

Post by Lisa » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:45 pm

Can you tell me how the replacement cost provision works for the dwelling on a mobile home policy? I purchased my mobile home for $60,000. and have it currently still insured for that amount with "replacement cost". My home is 7 years old & to replace it at today's cost would be more than $60,000 - Should I get an estimate to purchase the same type home now and increase the coverage?

rmurray

Re: Replacement Cost on Mobile Home

Post by rmurray » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:50 am

You should carefully read your policy...but most often replacement cost means they will replace with equal home even if it cost more than 60K....They would actually buy the home for you..not give you the cash...

There is one or two companies that define replacement as any equal home up to the age of yours...these companies will try to buy a used home for you that is at least as nice as yours...Read your policy..If you need more info..call the customer service department of your company and ask..

David Oxhandler

Re: Replacement Cost on Mobile Home

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:33 pm

It is easier to shop at WWW.MobileHomeInsuranceQuote.com for manufactured home insurance than any place in the world.To get a free quote CLICK HERE NOW!