hurricane charley

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
marilyn

hurricane charley

Post by marilyn » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:31 pm

How has hurricane Charley affected obtaining insurance in mobiles in Florida? Are companies cancelling policies or not renewing? Is it still possible to be insured on a mobile in Florida?

tom

Re: hurricane charley

Post by tom » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:27 am

I have a 1992 Jacobsen, our adult park was established 14 years ago. We survived both hurricanes with no damaged miraculously because I have been unable to find reasonable insurance after the company I was using went out of business. None of the many insurance company I have contact will insure any manufactured home older than 10 years. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:58 am

After Andrew...Florida changed many laws concerning insurance to keep companies from abandoning the state...Often stick built homes in the coastal areas have very large deductables...

I have an aunt in Cape Coral who was in a $500,000 plus home...Charley caused $200K damage...she had to have a $50,000 deductable....worse..Francis finished off the home..another $50,000 dedctable..Just too bad for her that her insurance company settled the first time so fast..

My suggestion to you is to talk to your park manager about who they recommend for insurance...also check with independent agents...check with dealers in the area as well...after things calm down..check with FL's insurance commissioner about the laws in FL and what state help might be avaiable..

Glad to hear you made it through ok....Punta Gorta has not had a direct hit in 40 years...hopefully the next one will be another 40 years..

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:25 am

Insurance companies don’t write new business for several days before a predicted hurricane and for several days thereafter. This is just good business but also protects home owners from being stampeded into buying coverage.

Florida has so many manufactured homes that there will always be some company to fill this huge demand for insurance. Just fill out the free quote request at WWW.MobileHomeInsuranceQuote.com and I'm sure you will get a reply

To go there CLICK HERE NOW!