I have home owners insurance

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Amy

I have home owners insurance

Post by Amy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:24 am

I currently have regular home owners insurance when I went to get insurance they didn't ask me if it was MH or regular. I just told them I needed home owners and they asked me the size of my house and they said replacement would be 175k. They came out and did and inspection and took pictures. We have the special floor span for our basement so we don't have beem you look up and see wood, but we do have a title so it is not a modular. We did a land home package and we have a full basement and an attached garage but from what I see that shouldn't matter we are still MH owners. I don't want to call them and tell them I have a MH because from the sounds of it that coverage is alot more. Will my house still be covered if there is a tornado or will my policy be void????

Mark

Re: I have home owners insurance

Post by Mark » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:20 pm

Without full disclosure, they could deny coverage. But, they also came out and did their own inspection, so it's a toss up that you'd probably end up in court over.

Mobile home insurance isn't really more expensive, it's just much less coverage.
If you go back and tell them it's a MH, they will probably cut your coverage in half.