bricked mobile homes

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
GLORIA

bricked mobile homes

Post by GLORIA » Tue May 25, 2004 4:47 pm

We are buying a doublewide that is 28' x 64' and we are in the process of BRICKING the ENTIRE home. It has a brick front porch that measures 20' x 14' and a brick back porch that measures 16' x 14'. Will the insurance be more reasonable on this home after we finish? Will it be able to be classified as a regular home? It has a brick front porch that measures 14' x 20' and a brick back porch that measures 14' x 16'. You really can't tell that it is a doublewide.

Mark

Re: bricked mobile homes

Post by Mark » Thu May 27, 2004 9:42 am

I doubt your insurance will go down, the brick is just a facade, it's still a mobile home underneath. The structure of the home hasn't changed.

Depends on what you mean by regular home. Getting a mobile home declared as real property (meaning you no longer have to buy a tag for it each year) is fairly easy, just fill out the proper forms.

If you mean getting it declared as not a mobile home for insurance purposes, then no.

hilary

Post by hilary » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:05 pm

i was able to get homeowners insurance not mobile insurance

Jennie

Post by Jennie » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:20 pm

I want to brick my mobile home. Do you know where I can find info on doing so or give me some advice. Thank you