price of mh insurance

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
jean

price of mh insurance

Post by jean » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:20 pm

what would be a good quote for a doublewide 28x80, 2003 model town and country? the bank says we have to have a policy that covers 72000 but our loan is for 91000 (land/home package). we would like to get at least 25000 personal property and liability. we live in south texas. another question-should we get insurance for the full amt financed or just what the bank is telling us that is required? we have been getting a lot of quotes because we currently live in a site built home and ony pay about 400 in insurance yearly. now we are looking at 1000-1500 per year. why so much of a price difference? we really need your input-help! thanks

John

Re: price of mh insurance

Post by John » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:35 pm

MH covearge is generally more than site built but a lot depends on where it is, how far from a fire plug, is the fire department full time and how far away. I pay the same for my lake MH as I pay for my primary residence that is worth five time as much. I have thought about paying off my MH and self insuring but you can't do that with a mortgage.

dsb

Post by dsb » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:26 am

What exactly do you mean by "self-insuring" your MH? Our MH insurance is very high! We live in NW Florida so most companies won't even consider us even though we are 3 miles inland, tied down extremely well, have a heavy duty metal roof, no-flood zone and have several permanent built on rooms.

John

Post by John » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:31 pm

Self insuring or going without insurance.

Kristen

Post by Kristen » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:36 am

Hello, I saw your post on this web site. I might be able to help you with your insurance. Rates vary depending upon the age of the home and how much coverage is needed. If you would like, give me a call toll free at 1-800-542-2338.

Don Rivers

Post by Don Rivers » Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:48 pm

I live in Sarasota County, Florida in a 1990 Manufactured Home and I am looking for prices for my Homeowners Policy.
I am in a adult park and have a 65x12 home with a 12' room that is pulled out and a 12' Florida room also.
I have a 10x10' storage shed next to the home and the roof also covers that and my driveway, which is about 46' long.
I have 2 bedrooms-1 bath-central air-ceiling fans in each room-a roof over the entire dwellng--circuit breakers-smoke alarm.
I am not near water or in a flood area.

Donald Reiner

Post by Donald Reiner » Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:29 pm

We have insurance with American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. in Cincinnati, Ohio.Our agent is San Jose Advantage Homes Inc. in San Jose. We live in Sunnyvale, California. We were recommended to this company because flood insurance is included as well as earthquake coverage. Flood insurance is not a requirement in our area but other insurance companies we checked charge quite a lot of money additional premium. What we really want to know is this a reliable insurance company? Is this an appropriate question to ask of you? Do you need more information. Thank you for your time.

nmtb

Post by nmtb » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:55 pm

I'm also looking at insuring with American Modern. In fact, I just spoke to a representative about a quote. As far as I understand, flood insurance is included but earthquake is not. Also, any information about this company's reputation would be appreciated. Thank you.

Andy

Post by Andy » Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:35 pm

I have American Modern Home ins. They do include earthquake and flood ins. They also offer REPLACEMENT COST on house and personal belongings for a small, (really small) you just have to ask for it! , addition to the reg. premium. My bank required this. They only pay cash value on a claim until you actually repair or replace, and show them the replacement cost, THEN they make up the difference. Good Luck in NC :)

camel

Post by camel » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:26 pm

Yes