Insurance for Texas MH

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Denice

Insurance for Texas MH

Post by Denice » Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:42 pm

I have a Solitaire home in East Texas and have insurance with Germainia. My policy is renewing and going up $200+ from the first years premium. I realize everyone's premium is increasing but... Would you recommend shopping arround? I know cheeper is not always better. I did the free quote request here on the web page I'll see what it sends me.

Wayne

Re: Insurance for Texas MH

Post by Wayne » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:22 pm

I just shopped around - mostly on the Web.
I found the following to be the best is terms of cost, coverage and customer service (at least as far as getting the quote professionally):

1. Foremost Insurance Group (www.foremost.com)
2. Aegis Security
3. American Modern

Foremost really had it together and the lowest quote of the 3 above.
The only one that beat Foremost was my local State Farm agent, whom I know personally, and had a quote equal to Foremost's (~$425) for a new Solitaire 868, with fireplace.
If I had to recommend a company, I would suggest a local, reputable agent, followed by Foremost.
Foremost and Aegis, I know are both AM Best rated as A+ (Excellent).
Americam Modern was over $500.

By the way, you made an excellent choice in buying a Solitaire. They're about the best built home out there, and still not real expensive. Lot's of 1/2" plywood - flooring and all. They're doing a booming business and will be around for a while.
Their only problem seems to be that they are slow in building homes.

Good luck,