MH homeowner's policies available in Arizona?

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Onalee

MH homeowner's policies available in Arizona?

Post by Onalee » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:13 pm

Hello,

Regarding MH insurance in Arizona. We are closing on our MH in about two weeks. I was dismayed to learn that Farmers Insurance who I've been a customer with for nearly 30 years doesn't write MH insurance. They shift everything including the car insurance to Foremost, which I understand is a subsidary to Farmers. Two questions, if indeed MH homes are built equally as good as site built why does the standard insurance industry shun them and shift them off to subsidary companies? My second question is how do I shop for a reliable MH policy even more specifically, how do I shop for one in Arizona? Perhaps I should just stay with Farmers/Foremost? I truly hope that I can purchase replacement cost for structure and contents as I have had in our site built home in Colorado. Any recommendations or warnings will be greatly appreciated.

Smiles from Colorado,
Onalee

Kevin

Re: MH homeowner's policies available in Arizona?

Post by Kevin » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:35 pm

In regards to Farmers/Foremost policies, I am a Foremost agent myself. In the fires of Arizona some of the unfortunate insured people there had policies with companies other than Foremost and found out that we are about the only company still in business that will insure any age mobile home without depreciating your home after a total loss. We(Foremost), do have the best policy you can buy on the market today! It's been that way for the past 51 years. You can trust your Foremost/Farmers agent.