Coverage Question

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Art Rigsby

Coverage Question

Post by Art Rigsby » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:53 pm

I purchased a new MH last month and aquired insurance for same from State Farm. However, I have a question as I have not received the actual policy and I am unable to contact my agent.

The MH was suppose to be delivered and installed on a foundation late last month. However, because of the weather (Northern California rain) the foundation was not ready and the soft ground would not allow them to park the MH on my site. They parked the two sections on a side street about two blocks from my property. It has been sitting there since Dec 21st and may very well continue to sit there 2-3 more weeks.

My question is, under normal circumstances who should cover damage to the house if some kids decide to break in? I contacted the seller and he said my policy should cover any damage. My concern is that my policy is for a MH home sitting on a foundation on my property, not two sections parked on a street two blocks away.

I realize you can only give general answers as the actual policy determines what is and is not covered.

Thank you.
Art

Kevin

Re: Coverage Question

Post by Kevin » Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:01 pm

More than likely your insurance company will not cover anything unless you purchase what they call trip coverage, even then they may still exclude your personal property that is if you have any in there.